- This event has passed.
Developing a winning business model
April 11, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm UTC+0Free
*** Workshop limited to 15 people only ***
** NOTE: If this time/location is not good for you then email the organiser to provide your preferred time/location and we can schedule a future event to accommodate you.
• What is a business model and how to create one?
• What is a product roadmap and why is it important?
• What are pricing strategies and what difference do they make?
• How to create a clear business strategy?
• How to make sure you are always adapting your business model.
WHO THIS IS FOR:
Recommended for all company founders who are in business already or still developing new ideas. Especially for those that are seeking to raise capital and need to become prepared for investor pitches.
The main objectives to be achieved in this workshop are:
1. Fine tune your business model ideas
2. Learn the importance of validation and adaptation
3. Explore some of the alternative business model and pricing strategies
4. Learn some of the ways you can design your business to obtain investor confidence
5. Learn methods to keep your business on track.
We will utilise this proprietary process in order to guide the workshop so pre-reading is recommended:
Azfar Haider, CEO of Creative Media Systems Limited
Azfar Haider, a Brit, is known for having conceptualised and architected the first subscription based software applications service in 1999 based in New York, obtaining the first commercial license from Microsoft for Office and Exchange, raising $35m in VC capital and building the company to over 100 people before it was acquired in 2006. It was one of the few revenue generating companies during the dot-com era.
He then cofounded and bootstrapped a popular womenswear fashion brand in the US that was worn by every Hollywood celebrity and sold through 300 stores globally. During this time he was mentored by the late Gloria Gelfand, ex-CEO of Escada and a well-known self-made top Forbes Global Entrepreneur.
On returning to the UK he has focused his attention on building his CMS360 (www.cms360.org) business self-assessment program and other tools in order to help businesses across the Creative Industries succeed.
The schedule for the afternoon will be as follows:
1.00 pm to 01.05 pm Introductions and Networking
1.05 pm to 2.00 pm Workshop
2.00 pm to 2.30 pm Q&A